Saturday, June 4, 2011

I LOVE YOU MAN

I LOVE YOU MANI LOVE YOU MAN

The other day I almost went up and gave one of the male nurses a big fat kiss – or at least a “man hug”.

Why? The other docs were all blown away as well.

First, an apology. A resurgence of some first trimester-like queasiness has left me quite behind in replying to your extremely warm and loving outpouring of support from Friday’s announcement. It was so awesome to see all your messages trickle in. Me and Baby B are feeling the love.

Next, a thank you. I’ve been wanting to write to say thank you for awhile, and I feel like I should warn you that there may be a few cheesy moments ahead. I have almost given up this blog so many times. But I just can’t because I love you guys so much. I hope you recognize yourself in something I say below.



Thank you for your comments, emails, tweets, texts, and more to congratulate Andrew and me on the happy baby news. I hope you will stay with me for this new, crazy chapter in our lives.

Thank you for all your comments and words of support and encouragement on the infertility struggles (that are really only temporarily gone — baby #2 will likely be another challenge). Some of you are going through the same thing, some of you are cheerleaders, some of you are listeners. I appreciate you all.

Thank you for those of you who shared with me your own struggles. A lot of you suffered losses or hard times too, and no matter what I’ve gone through, I’ve never been the only one (and neither have you).

Thank you to the people in my real life who read my blog and then see me in person and politely don’t bring up the awkward and embarrassing parts.

Thank you to my blog friends who have become “in real life” friends and reach out to make plans (even when I become all hermit-y for months at a time).

Thank you to readers who care so much about the things I dream for, praying and hoping for them to come true. It’s kind of amazing.

Thank you to my twitter friends, who indulge my 140 character whims and keep me sane and laughing every day.

Thank you to my flickr friends who always tell me I look pretty and my house looks cute. It’s one of the best self-esteem boosters I’ve got.

Thank you to people who keep reading and commenting, even though I kind of suck at reciprocating.

Thank you for being so open and honest about your own lives in your writing, which gives me courage to do the same.

Thank you to the bloggers who are always creating beautiful things (crafts, food, photography, art) that keep me so inspired.

Thank you all for reading and being a part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment